A lot of products out there are presented as “magic bullets” for fat loss. The truth is, there’s only one real magic bullet.
Well… it’s really more like a ton of magic bullets.
See, the only real magic bullet for fat loss is to inject it into every area of your life. Just like you inhale & exhale through the entire day – you have to make fat loss a part of everything you do.
Now, that might seem like a daunting task. But never fear!
We’ve got you covered with 18 easy ways to get started.
1. Park far away from the entrance – of everywhere you go
2. Take stairs instead of elevators / escalators
3. Ask for a side of veggies instead of fries
4. Ask for those veggies without oil or butter
5. Plant healthy snacks everywhere you spend time (in your office… in the car… in the kid’s stroller…)
6. Drive alternate routes that don’t pass your “weak-spot” restaurants (like fast food places you just can’t resist… places like Starbucks that serve unhealthy pastries you can’t resist… etc.)
7. Put a copy of your weight loss goals everywhere you spend time (laminate a copy and tape it up in the shower… tape it to your bathroom mirror… tape it to the dashboard of your car… etc.)
8. Read one successful weight loss story a day – or read a new biography about weight loss every month
9. Come to iLoveKickboxing.com classes!
10. Do intense 5 minute workouts throughout the day (this keeps your metabolism up all day long!)
11. Drink TONS of cold water! (cold water requires metabolism to cool down for your body to absorb – it burns a few calories here and there! Plus, water will help your body constantly flush out waste and toxins.)
12. Walk everywhere you can instead of driving
13. If you’re only getting a few things at the store – carry a basket instead of pushing a cart (those baskets can really turn into a great workout!)
14. If you work in an office with hallways – power walk through the hallways from Point A to Point B
15. If you sit at a desk all day – do intervals of 30 seconds where you flex different parts of your body for the full 30 seconds. Set a goal of doing your entire body 4 times a day. (For example flex your abs for 30 seconds… then your buttocks… then your legs… arms… etc)
16. Stretch your muscles throughout the day (every time you think about it!). Stretching actually helps your muscles to develop. And remember: more muscle = more metabolism throughout the day.
17. Stand with tall, proud posture (good posture actually activates a lot of muscles. Muscle usage = calorie burning!)
18. Go easy on yourself if you slip up! Mistakes are PART of the process – not a sign of failure! If you mess up: accept it, learn from it, and just tell yourself it’s okay and the future is full of chances to get it right next time.