Today iLoveKickboxing spokesmodel Elyse has an awesome recipe for you.
It’s very minimal in ingredients, but huge in taste. She posted this to Facebook a while ago and people went crazy for it!
So, we’re posting it here for you 😉 Take it away, Elyse!
Hey Friends! Before I dive into the recipe, I have an important announcement…
It’s still Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and we’re still collecting donations!
If you’d like to contribute, please head to http://ilovekickboxing.com/bca.
You can even earn cool *limited edition* gifts like this hoodie I’m wearing:
Okay, here’s the recipe!
Prep time: Under 10 Minutes
Total Cooking Time: About 30 to 45 min
– How ever many apples you will be making (I made 2)
– Plain Greek yogurt
– Unsalted pumpkin seeds
– Cut the top of the apples off
– Scoop out the flesh of the apple into a bowl. Throw out the core and seeds when doing this.
– Once your apple is hollowed out, put it in the fridge for now and make your apple sauce!
– Take the flesh that you scooped out of the apple and put it in a pot.
– Add just a little water to the pot so that the apples don’t burn.
– Cook on the stove top on low heat.
– Add a little bit of cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
– Every couple of minutes mash the apples down as they keep getting softer until they are a soft consistency and they are turned into applesauce. Use those kickboxing muscles to get the job done 🙂
– Once they are done being cooked, put the applesauce into a bowl and into the fridge to cool for a couple min.
Putting it all together!
– Take your hollowed out apples and fill them half way with plain Greek yogurt
– Take your apple sauce out of the fridge and fill the other half of the apple with the applesauce.
– Put a bunch of unsalted pumpkin seeds on top.
You can use any kind of apple that you enjoy for this. Just try to get a big one so you can really stuff it!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave me a comment and let me know how it goes!!!
(And don’t forget to use the share buttons below to send this to your friends and loved ones!)